Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Project 2

I finally decided that I don't want to continue working on the Kewpie eggs for this project. I still really want to complete and alter the project, but I decided to just finish it on my own time. So instead I am interested in creating a mask/sculpture head that will light up from a light source that will be in the middle of the hollow face. I plan to hang a sheet or white material from this face to make it seem like a ghost body (it would probably end up being as tall as me or a bit taller). The body would have a wooden/metal stick to connect the mask to the bottom portion (kind of like a tall lamp).I will project images of different bodies (monster body, girl in a bikini, etc) onto the white sheet so that it looks like its body is constantly morphing. Audio???

My other similar option for this project would be instead of making one mask/face I would make multiple ones that would be set up in a straight line. There would be a light source inside the masks that would kind of mimic the look of a jackolantern. These masks would be similar to shrunken heads on a stake. Also, with this idea I would not need a projector. My last similar idea would be creating objects that would go in specimen jars (little creature fetuses, etc.) but I would want to use light to create intense shadows. With this, I could also put the creatures in the jars and mess with lighting and mirrors. Have something projected in background??


As you can tell I really can't decide what to do. I also feel that these ideas are not as technical and as strong as they could be. hrrrrm

No comments:

Post a Comment